Monsey – Fire Evacuates Adult Home

    0

    MONSEY — The New Monsey Park Home for Adults was evacuated after a fire started in a first-floor bathroom.

    The Monsey Fire Department was called to the adult home on Monsey Boulevard about 6 a.m. for a fire in Room 235.

    The fire started in the motor of a bathroom fan. The fan fell onto the toilet, melting the tank and bowl. The fire also extended into the ceiling.

    Residents and staff at the home were evacuated for an hour while about 20 volunteer firefighters extinguished the fire.

    The fire was deemed accidental.

    Follow VosIzNeias For Breaking News Updates



    Kosher.com is here to help you manage your home without the stress. Go to Kosher.com for recipes, menu planners, kids' activities, and more.



    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here