Nyack, NY +Perp Jumper Down from Bridge+


    Rockland County, Nyack, NY +Perp Jumper Down from Bridge+ NYSP, NYPD and NJSP were in a high pursuit of a truck from NJ thru the Bronx into Weschester all the way to the Tappan Zee Bridg where the perp crashed his truck mid span and jumped into the Hudson River, NYPD Aviation above the scene.

    U/D: 21:46
    Perp is hanging on to one of the pilings under the bridge, multiple fire departments with boats and divers on the scene.

    U/D: 21:56
    Perp start swimming but divers got a hold of him and have him in custody.

    Follow VosIzNeias For Breaking News Updates

    Kosher.com is here to help you manage your home without the stress. Go to Kosher.com for recipes, menu planners, kids' activities, and more.


    1. I was on the 80 Eastbound near W. Orange about 2 hours ago and there was a white truck-just the tractor part being chased by a trooper, both were going over 80mph when the trooper just turned off his L&S and pulled over…. Any idea if its the same truck?

    2. A person was believed to have plunged into the Hudson River about 9:45 p.m. tonight after a truck pursuit with police through New Jersey, New York City and Westchester.
      The driver may have stopped midspan and jumped after Rockland police blocked off the Tappan Zee Bridge.
      Deputy Donald Joachim of the Rockland County Sheriff’s Department said divers from the Piermont and Nyack fire departments had been dispatched at about 9:35 p.m. He said divers from the Tarrytown department were also sent.

    3. The Brooklyn man who fled police and then jumped off the Tappan Zee Bridge was driving a stolen truck and now faces criminal charges, police said today.
      Police were at the Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla this afternoon waiting to charge John Fuller, 39, with reckless endangerment, criminal possession of stolen property and unlawful fleeing, all felonies, said Pasquale DiFulco, spokesman for the arresting agency, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
      “Port Authority police are guarding the suspect at the hospital,” DiFulco said.
      Fuller had resisted rescuers’ attempts to save him after he led multiple police agencies on a chase through the Bronx and Westchester counties last night, police said.
      He was pulled from the water shouting “Just shoot me!” and was taken by ambulance to the medical center last night with internal injuries.
      Police would not say whether investigators had learned anything new this morning about why Fuller refused to stop during a routine truck inspection in Parsippany, N.J., about 9 p.m. and instead drove his tractor-trailer cab over the George Washington Bridge, through the Bronx, and north on the Saw Mill River Parkway.
      Helicopters and officers from New Jersey state police, the Port Authority police department, New York state police and other agencies pursued the driver. He stopped on the bridge and jumped about 9:45 p.m.
      Rescuers used a boat to save him, although the man told them he wanted to die.
      The man was pursued initially because he failed to stop for a commercial vehicle inspection on Interstate 80 in Parsippany, said Sgt. Alex Pabon of the Totowa barracks of the New Jersey State Police.
      “He never stopped. He just wouldn’t stop,” Pabon said. “We don’t know why.”
      The inspection was done at random, Pabon said. New Jersey police followed the truck to the George Washington Bridge, where Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police took over and pursued him, Pabon said.
      The man either stopped or crashed on the bridge and jumped, said Sgt. John Gardner of the Tarrytown Police Department.
      Sleepy Hollow Fire Chief John Korzelius, who was one of the first rescuers to arrive at the scene, said he and three other members got on a boat and pulled the man out of the water.
      Korzelius said he initially couldn’t see the man from the bridge because the man was holding onto wood pylons.
      But then Korzelius noticed “his head bobbing” and told the man to show his hands. When the man refused, Korzelius said, he and his crew jumped into a boat and went after him. The injured man was combative, he said.
      “He kept saying he wanted to die, he wanted to die,” Korzelius said. “He was moaning a lot. As we got close to him, he started losing consciousness.”
      Korzelius said he and his crew tried to reassure the man that he should be rescued, telling him, “It’s not worth it, nothing can be that bad” and “Let us come up and save you.”
      Gardner said the man shouted: ‘Just shoot me!’
      The man suffered unspecified internal injuries after the 140-foot plunge. Roads were blocked off to traffic along the route to the hospital as the man was transported.
      Rockland police blocked off the Tappan Zee Bridge as the man headed toward it.
      Deputy Donald Joachim of the Rockland County Sheriff’s Department said divers from the Piermont and Nyack fire departments had been dispatched about 9:35 p.m. He said divers from the Tarrytown department were also sent.
      Before last night, the last person to survive a jump from the Tappan Zee Bridge was a 22-year-old Westchester man who jumped on Easter Sunday. He survived because Tarrytown volunteer firefighters reached him in a fishing boat within 20 minutes.
      Previously, Escolastico Arzu, 43, of the Bronx leapt while fleeing his burning car in 2005. He was engulfed in flames and made a 70-foot jump to save his life.
      A 17-year-old Suffern boy and a 32-year-old Bronx woman survived jumps in 2004.
      On Dec. 27, Stephen Piekarski, 56, of Scarsdale committed suicide by jumping off the bridge.
      The body of a 28-year-old man who jumped from the bridge March 20 was pulled from the Hudson River on Thursday by Rockland Sheriff’s Department officers.


    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here