New York – Cellphone Led FBI to Times Square Car Bomb Suspect Arrest

    8

    An FBI agent stands inside a truck outside  a home in Bridgeport, Conn. Tuesday morning  May 4, 2010.  FBI searched a home in Bridgeport where Faisal Shahzad lived.  Shahzad was arrested in connection with the  failed Times Square car bomb.    (AP Photo/Douglas Healey).New York – The number from a disposable cellphone led FBI agents to the suspect arrested Monday night for allegedly driving a car bomb into Times Square on Saturday evening, according to a senior official.

    “They were able to basically get one phone number and by running it through a number of databases, figure out who they thought the guy was,” the official said.

    A huge law-enforcement force tracked the suspect through the afternoon and evening. He was arrested at 11:30 p.m. at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.

    President Barack Obama was briefed six times on Monday and was notified of the arrest at 12:05 a.m., all by John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, the White House said.

    Around 2:30 p.m. Monday, Holder had been pulled out of a meeting to take a call from David S. Kris, Assistant Attorney General for National Security. Kris said the FBI thought it had identified the suspect, and knew his rough location.

    “There was a huge fog-of-war element, where you think you have him, but you’re not sure,” the official said. “Everyone’s telephoning headquarters.”

    The attorney general ordered up substantial resources to track and capture the suspect. Holder stayed at Justice until 9:30 p.m., then went home, had dinner and put his kids to bed.

    At 11:30 p.m., Holder was called about the arrest. He was rushed back to DOJ, complete with flashing lights. He didn’t go to his office but straight to the National Security Division’s 7th-floor SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility) for real-time updates.

    Officials worked until 1:10 to nail everything down. Assured it was the guy, DOJ issued a news advisory. Holder walked in front of the camera at 1:30 a.m.

    Follow VosIzNeias For Breaking News Updates



    Entertaining Videos and Delicious Recipes on Kosher.com



    8 COMMENTS

      • now let’s see– he violated a whole bunch of city state and federal laws. at a rate of 25 years to life for each life he jeopardized… hmm.. that should discourage his buddies. good work!

    1. You know how manf Pakis now live in Bklyn? How many Egyptians in Detroit? A few hundred thou would be ny guess. 1% of them, minimum, are terrorists and /or hate American and the JEws. Thats a few thousand potential attacks right there. But of course, its illegal to profile……………Meshuganne people dont deserve sane policies.

    2. I wonder roughly 10,000 New.Yorkers in time square that’s 10,000 counts of attempted murder, use of deadly weapons that being the bomb, disrupting the peace and 1,000 more violations I’m not familier with as of this moment! And sholom Rubashkin is a problem.WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM????

    3. “He was rushed back to DOJ, complete with flashing lights. “

      This is the type of stuff the chasidishe element of VIN readers salivate over reading. Deh Cherry Lites.

      LMAO

    4. This article is written like an Eric Holder Press Release. Do we get to find out what he ate for dinner that night? Wow, you mean he really stayed up till 1:00 AM?! Wow, what a hero.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here