Yorktown, NY – The summer home of Grand Rabbi Jacob Grunewald located at 341 Illington Road on the Kehilath Yaakov Pupa Rabbinical Seminary campus in Yorktown Heights went up in flames this morning around 7:15 AM.
Fire investigators told The Journal News (http://lohud.us/TszHBL) that they believe the blaze began in the boiler room in the rear of the house and may be due to an electrical problem. More than 100 students and several personnel were studying inside the synagogue when they smelled smoke. When they went outside to investigate the source of the smell, they saw the burning house.
It took 75 firefighters over two hours to contain the flames. No one was inside the home at the time of the fire and there were no other injuries reported.