Lakewood, NJ – A large fire ripped through a popular business in Lakewood, NJ Sunday evening.
At approximately 8 PM, a fire started in the Greenwald Caterers headquarters. The business is located on 8th Street near Princeton Avenue in Lakewood.
Firefighters were fighting the fire from within the building at first, but eventually the fire became so big that the firefighters were forced to leave the building. Soon after, the roof collapsed.
Local residents were asked to evacuate their homes, due to a risk of explosion, as there are propane tanks inside the burning building. Electricity was cut from nearby houses as a precaution as well.