California Child Dies Of Coronavirus — Believed To Be First Kid Fatality In US

CORRECTS TO CULVER CITY, INSTEAD OF LOS ANGELES An employee answers questions at the entrance to a gun shop Tuesday, March 24, 2020, in Culver City, Calif. Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva said he would like to see gun shops shut down. "We will be closing them, they are not an essential function," Villanueva said. Adding guns to households where more people are at home during a crisis increases the risk that someone will be shot, he said. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)

LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles County has reported what may be the first confirmed U.S. death of a child from coronavirus.

Health officials say the youth lived in the Mojave Desert city of Lancaster located north of Los Angeles. County public health director Barbara Ferrer says it’s a “devastating reminder that COVID-19 infects people of all ages.”

She did not provide any details about the child.

A report last week by the Centers for Disease Control found no coronavirus deaths in the U.S. among people 19 and under. That age group accounted for less than 3% of all hospitalizations.

Figures from Johns Hopkins University show California cases have topped 2,500, with at least 50 deaths.

Follow VosIzNeias For Breaking News Updates is here to help you manage your home without the stress. Go to for recipes, menu planners, kids' activities, and more.


  1. Arizona couple followed Dr. Donald’s medical advice and took CHLOROQUIN. He’s dead, she’s in coma in hospital. Untested drugs are dangerous! Magical thinking is for children (and Trumpoids).

    • Another one infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome. Always Trump’s fault. Two morons ingest fish tank cleaning material and somehow it is Trump’s fault?

    • Only a brain-dead character like you would think that it was the same thing. Trump suggested (and doctors have backed him up) to take the _medicine_ chloroquine, not anything that contains that ingredient. That’s like saying that if someone suggests that you drink H2O (water, for the ignorant like you), then he’s at fault if instead you drink H2O2 (hydrogen peroxide). Try not to be such an idiot.

  2. No, they self-medicated and may have overdosed. In fact, they did not take the actual drug, but a concoction they made at home from fish anti-parasite medication. Never take a prescription medication without medical supervision, and certainly don’t try to make medicine yourself.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here