WATCH: Cuomo Threatens “Full Consequence Of Legal Action” After Secret Satmar Wedding

122
Gov. Andrew Cuomo holds press briefing on Sunday Nov. 22, 2020 (Source: Screenshot)

NEW YORK (VINnews) — Gov. Cuomo issued threats to a Satmar synagogue after a “secret” wedding was allegedly held with thousands in attendance.

“It was a blatant disregard of the law. It’s illegal. It was also disrespectful to the people of New York,” Cuomo said during a Sunday press briefing.

“The law protects everybody. It protects you, but it also protects me,” he said.

Cuomo called for a “robust investigation” into the matter, and later noted that “from my information” an investigation was already intitiated by the de Blasio administration.

“If 7,000 people went to a wedding, you can figure that out, right? That’s the problem with a ‘secret’ 7,000. It’s hard to keep a secret,” he said.

Cuomo concluded, “It’s my information the city is investigating. They should investigate, and if 7,000 people were at a wedding, I’m sure they’ll be able to figure it out, and then we’ll bring the full consequences of legal action to bear.”

It should be noted that Gov. Cuomo’s outrage at large gatherings in New York taking place during the pandemic seems to be selective.

After the media projected that Joe Biden will win the 2020 election, thousands of people took to Times Square to celebrate.

Cuomo did not appear to have anything to say about that.

As previously noted by VINnews, Mayor de Blasio is more than guilty of the same double standard.

3.8 4 votes
Article Rating

Follow VosIzNeias For Breaking News Updates



Kosher.com is here to help you manage your home without the stress. Go to Kosher.com for recipes, menu planners, kids' activities, and more.




3.8 4 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
122 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments